Monday, November 18, 2002

<<<---!---'--^---.MiD*WaY.---^--'---!--->>>

I think messing around with the title to this post took longer than the actual writing of the post itself. So, as you can clearly see, I'm about halfway through with my paper. I'd like to get it done tonight, but if I can’t convince my boss I'm too sick to work, then I just might not. I'm so tried of writing. I feel like I've used every clever phrasing and ten-dollar word I know. I have about 12 pages of content now, which is good. But, I'm still tired of writing. So, why write a post? Well, I'll tell you. It's not writing a paper! I worked on the paper for maybe an hour cumulatively on Thursday and Friday. Saturday, I spent about 5 hours on it. Sunday, I spent about 6 hours. I went to bed at like 3:00 AM. Got up at 7:20 AM. Went to my 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM classes. Came in about 10:00 AM and typed until 12:10 PM. Then I got some lunch and went to theology and now I'm done for the day. All that's left is this paper and a notebook for my mental disorders class, but that's easy. Well, I'm back to the grind. I'm going to post a song I like. It helps me think, clearly, on my own...

Madison Prep by Further Seems Forever, from the album, The Moon Is Down

Give up what you think you have to say.
Formalities weaken the meaning that you'd convey.
In truth hidden in the veiled insults,
have failed results for everyone that lived that way.

The training spent on all your words
was obvious in all we heard
was repetition.
Representing your best interests
while wishing us
"the very best"
when that's something
that you would never give.

And some things are better stressed
when unexpressed,
cause silence can be overwhelming

We'll find some way
Some way that we can prove you wrong

No comments: