Saturday, August 24, 2002

A White Guy, A Black Guy, And A Beatle

Today our friend Reggie stopped by our place. Reggie is the local hearing impaired and mute fellow who visits our campus quite a bit. He's a really nice guy, but it's hard because the only way of communicating with him is writing to him with pen and paper. The encounters are usually time consuming and he seems to show up at the most inopportune times, but we try to be nice and chat with him. We saw him last night at Adventure Land in Dothan and he said (or wrote) that he would see me tomorrow. I guess I didn't take him seriously. As he was writing to Michael (Milks, my roommate) today, we put on The Beach Boys record. So, basically we were listening to The Beach Boys with a hearing impaired guy. Milks told me that Reggie had "heard" (did you catch that) that the new coffee shop in town, Frank's is open. Reggie stayed for a bit and then went on his way. It was a good chat we had, the black guy who's mute and hearing impaired, the Beatle, and myself.

No comments: