Wednesday, August 28, 2002

The Calendar Says Wednesday, But It Still Feels Like Tuesday

I'm too tired to sleep. If that has ever happened to you, this could be your life. My conscience is clear as to what I need to do. My heart and feelings are telling me otherwise. Why do they just serve as distractions? A band by the name of Tantrum Of The Muse once said, "The heart is a two-headed sperm." Undeniable deception in emotion. I'm starting to believe in the biblical idea of circumcision of the heart. Even though I have known it for so long, practice is the undeniable act of learning or understanding something anew. I have something very important to do this week. It involves a friend. I'd appreciate your prayers for guidance and strength from God...

“There goes today. What about tomorrow? Conformity, I'll never swallow. The world today full of pain and sorrow. Apathy, I'll never follow. Can we return to the golden age? To the goals we set and promises we made. Do you recall when we were friends? Just you and me to the very end. Can we return to the golden age? To the goals we set and to the promises made.”
-Second Chances by Stretch Arm Strong

No comments: