Friday, August 02, 2002

Punk Rock Humor

If any of you guys have ever heard of or even know who Fat Mike and NOFX are, this might be funny to you as it was for me to read in the Fat Wreck Chords email newsletter. It was recapping the highlights from the Warped Tour 2002:

"The show is located next to a Race Track called River Downs and Timmy the Turtle won 20 bucks on the last race, but he bet on the favorite. I'm about to place a bet on the next race, then I gotta play a half hour set at five. After the show we all got tickets to go to the water park next door. Big water slides are fun when it's 95 degrees. Except for all the rotten screaming kids. After water fun we're going to see the Dodgers play the Reds. Tickets we're comped (free), is this punk? I'm not sure, but I don't think punk rock is supposed to be this much fun. It never used to be this much fun in the 80's."

"Winning money from punk rockers on tour is like shooting fish in a barrel." Fat Mike of NOFX

No comments: