Sunday, August 04, 2002

Triple W

Tonight, Chase and I rode to Chipley to enjoy some food from the local establishments. I had this crazy notion to eat at Waffle House and Wendy's in the same evening (at this point I'm sure your wondering why you are still reading). Chase and I both had waffles and the waitress flirted with us. The latter is not true, but sounded good. Then between meals we went to Wal-Mart. We walked down the clearance aisle because, well, it's the clearance aisle. Chase looked at a lot of music and I saw Rebekah Fries, Megan Reece, Peter Thompson, Melissa Mann, and Chris Cartee. I chatted a bit with them and I also got to play the new NCAA football game on the demo Xbox. That was fun. I always love playing the game systems there. If I could just pull up a chair and cook some popcorn, there would never be a reason to leave the electronic section at Wal-Mart. Well, except to use the restroom, and to eat, and to… you get the point. After Wal-Mart, we headed over to Wendy's and I ate again (just a burger and some fries). Chase and I had a real good conversation about how sometimes we turn into music snobs. We made a point to agree about music. Also, we decided to try and not to be snobbish. If someone likes Brittany Spears, whom am I to say that person does not have a good grasp on reality. We shared thoughts on new and old artists such as Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, and Marvin Gaye (I guess that’s all old guys). It was also a good time. That's it for this post...

"...presupposing the underestimation that was justified through the nature of rationalization..."

No comments: