Sunday, August 11, 2002

Bells Will Be Ringing

Ok, I know that is a line from a Christmas song, but I figured it was a good title considering that I went to a wedding this weekend. Wedding bells and all were with me as I drove to my hometown of Melbourne, Florida on early Thursday morning. I woke up at 4:30 A.M., got ready, checked my car out, grabbed some breakfast and headed home. I made it there by early afternoon. I got a haircut and took some clothes to the dry cleaner, so I got a few things done. I enjoyed spending the evening with the folks and let me tell you that is always a delight. On Friday afternoon I took my Grandma grocery shopping. The whole reason for this trip was because a couple friends of mine, Jeremy and Dallis Gibson (now) were getting married. My friend, Lori Lindsey asked me to be her date to the wedding rehearsal and dinner so I had to meet up with her at 5:00 P.M on Friday. We met up and I got to meet this girl named Christy from Madison, Florida who was a bridesmaid (she was really cool) and this girl named Ariel who was the other Maid of Honor (Lori was the other). We got to the church and I got to talk with Jeremy and Dallis. We were there for a couple hours "rehearsing". Actually, I wasn't doing anything but sitting there. We went over to the building where the dinner was. It was a luau theme and it was interesting to see everyone in his or her finest Hawaiian gear. It was a cool dinner. We had Buffalo wings, veggies, and fruit. They had all the traditional wedding dinner stuff. At the end of the evening they had the time where people wish Jeremy and Dallis blessings and that actually made me get teary eyed; it was really nice. They had a slide show with pictures of both of them. Overall, it was an excellent evening. The wedding was the next day at 1:00 P.M. I got to sit with some BCF kids; Neil Blacher and Greg Williams and some former BCFer's Rob Clark and Jeremy McDermont. The wedding was really nice. I had a friend ask me if I was feeling wedding fever and I said yes. I'm at the point where I'm ready to start thinking about it and maybe even looking, but who kind of isn't all ready if you're above 21. I got sick late Sunday night and threw up. To the smallest degree, I now know what contractions feel like. I have these sharp pains in my stomach. I hope I start feeling better tomorrow because this is going to be a busy week. Well, sorry To Whom It May Concern has been inactive but be prepared for some new stuff (or some old stuff we're going to call new).

"...Chronicles Of The Heart..."

No comments: