Monday, August 19, 2002

First Day of School

I'm not sure how to start this off. I remember when I was a kid and my mom would take me school shopping for supplies, clothes, and shoes. I used to love that feeling of new clothes, my cool new shoes, and the anticipation that the first day of school brought. Call me a nerd, whatever; the first and last days of school were always the best. Well, my folks didn't take me clothes shopping this year, but they did manage to cover my $2,500 school bill. So, that's better. Yay for Mom and Dad, I love you guys (I act like they read my post).

After just 4 hours of sleep last night, I figured classes would provide me with the first day anxieties that I've come to know. I had Psychology 301 at 8:00 and Psychology 310 at 9:00 and my day started out all right. I thought seeing some people I hadn't seen or talked to in a while might make me a little timid and it did. But, it seems fine now. I made it through the morning without any complaints, except for all the work I'm going to have to do this semester. I went to chapel and heard a Word from God no doubt. Our beloved (hehe) President, Dr. Tom Kinchen spoke to all those attending and it was awesome. I say awesome because he touched down on areas of sin that I always struggle with. It felt good to be, in some sorts threatened, if that makes sense. God is always here, with us, but sometimes we act like he doesn't exist. This morning, I felt those words coming out of Dr. Kinchen’s mouth and as daggers they were hitting me right square in the eyes. I am cheif among sinners.

After a delectable meal from the new food establishment in the cafeteria, I headed over to Theology 301. But, prior to class I was greeted by my boss, Tammy Simpson (whom also attends college at BCF). She informed me that work was going to be kind of slow for the next 2 weeks. It turns out that we are doing well, but we're just waiting for the red-tape to be dealt with on all our projects. What that means is that only the top-producing employees will be working these upcoming weeks. I am not of this descent. It's my own fault I guess, that I don't produce enough, but man... I felt like crap after that. I'm being laid off from work temporarily. Does that make sense? I'm gracious to still have a job, but I need the money too. Bill collectors don’t care, but I guess I got myself into that one too. I know God will provide, but I know I won't act like it or have faith that he will, which is also my sin. After I got the news, I felt like someone just told me that my girlfriend was fixing to break up with me, but before she could get to my house to tell me, she died in car accident. I know that's harsh, but my insides are hurting because I take pride in my work, as most men do. So, I'm here at Justin’s house now, just trying to find solace in the quietness. I went for a drive to calm my nerves. Oh yeah to finish my first day. I didn't really feel like listening to the workload I have for Theology in class and I kind of acted like a prick to Mike Godfrey, who was only asking me a question. Jeremy Cook has had a pretty miserable day as well. We joined in unity and harmony (flat and sharp) and sang Age-Six Racer by Dashboard Confessional seeing is how the summer is now over and the pressures of being a college student have arose. But hey, it beats being a responsible adult... I hear that's even harder. Thanx Jeremy. So, with all the new free time on my hands I’ll be sure to start studying and I'll be writing a lot more. Look forward to some more of my crap, but at least it's new crap. As for me, I want to be unnoticed for a little while...

No comments: