Saturday, August 17, 2002

Postponed Feelings

I've never really been one for posting random things about my life on this site (who knew). Right now, it's 8:35 P.M. and I have nothing to do. This is a good feeling because it means I'm not slacking or procrastinating on anything, yet. However, my room is still in shambles from moving in two weeks ago. I guess I could start on my twenty-page paper I'm going to have to do for Psychology 301, but I don't know what it's going to be on. My class schedule hadn't changed any since I last talked about it in April, but here it is anyway:

Psychology 301 ~ Psychology of Religion
Psychology 310 ~ The Psychology of Learning and Teaching
Psychology 330 ~ Marriage and Family-Life Education
Psychology 404 ~ Clinical Pastoral Training and Practicum
Psychology 420 ~ Mental Disorders and Their Treatments
Evangelism 201 ~ Personal Evangelism
Theology 301 ~ Christian Doctrine of Revelation, God, and Soteriology

Yep, I'm taking 7 classes and 20 hours. I only will need like 15 required hours plus whatever electives I need for my last semester. I'm still not done figuring out them exactly but I'm pretty sure I will be able to graduate in May of 2003. Which excites me very much, yet scares me a little more. Graduate school is next on the list and trying to decide where to get my degree from, what to get it in, how to pay for it, and all the other details that go into it (jeez, I thought picking a college was hard enough).

I'm listening to Billy Joel's greatest hits now and I'm totally digging the stuff I know. Piano Man and She's Always A Woman have got to be in my top twenty favorite songs, but I'm sure I say that about hundreds of songs. I'm going to try to come up with my 50 favorite songs of all time. This is going to be tuff and I know I will forget something so... it won't really matter; it'll just be interesting to try.

From Part III of Robert Frost's A Boy's Will

Now Close The Windows
It is time to make an end of speaking

Now close the windows and hush all the fields;
If the trees must, let them silently toss;
No bird is singing now, and if there is,
Be it my loss.

It will be long ere the marshes resume,
It will be long ere the earliest bird:
So close the windows and not hear the wind,
But see all wind-stirred.

I guess that's about it for my randomness. It made for a pretty long post, so I'm happy. Does anyone else not like Lord Of The Rings. I'm sure they're all going to be spectacular and phenomenal movies but I'm just not the fantasy guy. I'd much rather prefer watching something with a little more realism, like the new Masters Of the Universe cartoon we watched earlier, haha. I might be making a Wal-Mart run later with some friends so I need to get a few things done. Until we meet again...

"You can say the human heart is only make-believe. And I am only fighting fire with fire. But you are still a victim of the accidents you leave. As sure as I'm a victim of desire." Billy Joel Don't Ask Me Why

No comments: