Thursday, May 06, 2004

She may be a cheeseburger, but paradise she is not.
This may sound vain but I had to write the post when I thought of that title. Does anyone else ever find themselves doing that: Sitting here with the "Edit Your Blog" screen open, asking if you've anything worth writing and something that is, in your opinion, a cool title smacks you in the forehead and you insist the post must follow? Oh. So I guess it's just me.

Today for the first time I felt I was being pulled for and believed in by my professors. This afternoon I took some work by a professor whom I've never really known how to read. He seemed glad to me see me. He said with a smile, "You got something for me?" Why, of course I did. I'm too intimidated just to stop by and hang out. I'd told him I would soon return with more and he said, "great, great". I said confidently, "I'll be back" and left his office.

I felt, surely, his attitude was reflective of the others. It's like he was expecting, not merely hoping, that I'd be coming by. It's like I've been in this marathon (a popular analogy for college) and everyone knows that I have been lapped at least once by everyone else in the race. Actually, no one has seen or heard tale of me for awhile. It seems they might assume I pulled a "rabbit" and took a nap on the side of the road. It seems they'd think, "maybe next time." But the booming message seems to be, "we were expecting you." I am encouraged. And other prospective graduates, do not fret. If I am encouraged you should be also. You are being rooted for as well.

Since that last post I have only obliterated one item, the case study. However, I've been simultaneously working on four other assignments. Well, that is all for now dudes and dude-esses. I will see you when my to-do list is shorter.

Turn on the radio and get an earworm.

No comments: