Friday, May 07, 2004

Cue Chariots of Fire Theme
I can't believe the news today: Blender magazine listed Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da as one of the 50 worst hits ever. This is so sad and disgusting that I'm not even giving the hyper-link. I don't want to make you cry and vomit.

They dissed Sounds of Silence too, but of course that makes more sense to me.

The title today is in reference to the fact that I am rounding the last lap of this college experience. Somebody pass me some Gatorade. On that note it has been really stinkin' hot today. Heat waves are a thing of the past, I'm having a heat stroke.

This afternoon I attended my last class session. Actually, I considered skipping but then decided to go for the sentiment of the occasion. I thought the conclusion of the day's class would feel more momentous, but alas I suppose I won't feel that til I waltz out of the last final.

And when I do that I've decided I want to have a discman and play loudly enough for everyone to hear, "School's Out!" by Alice Cooper. Jeff, can I borrow your copy of that? Please, big brother?

At Honor's Day Wednesday I showed up right on time dressed like I do every other day. I invited my dad and he said, "Well, yeah. I'd go if you're being honored." Of course I wasn't going to be. I think we all knew that. Still, sitting there in blue jeans, some random shirt and flip flops I worried "what if they call my name?" I didn't want them to and considered it nice when they didn't.

When Dr. Kinchen walked by at the end I could tell he didn't know I was up next week. I could just tell by the way he said "hi" in the exact same tone and manner as always. And that's fine you know, just that, He shoulda known better. Afterall, he is my president.

No comments: