Sunday, May 30, 2004

Not Only The Black Gals



Look, I figured out image html. The last post was basically an attempt to get comments. A lot of good that did. This one is about chicks.

I watched Something's Gotta Give last night. One of the Movie Gallery's in Dothan is competing with the newest local Video Warehouse. Both places have .99 cent rentals, so I'm pretty much open to watching anything. Thus my interest in this film.

This post isn't necessarily a review of the movie. It's more about my fascination with older women; or should I say, my interest in women outside of my demographic. Besides my inability from birth to look like Keanu Reeves, his character in the movie (Julian), is interested in Diane Keaton (Erica), and I can totally see his why. Not that I think Diane Keaton is all that attractive, I just see why young guys dig older woman sometimes. All the while, Jack Nicholson's character is making his way through the movie, falling more in love with the lady who he wasn't even interested in (he's the type of guy who goes after the young ladies--Diane Keaton's daughter!).

Society accepts older men being into younger women because, well, I don't know. Why do we accept it? But, it's weird for a young guy to dig an older gal. The Bible tells us, men at least, to respect older women as our mothers and respect younger women as our sisters. So perhaps dating much older or younger than you isn't a good idea, but what about dating different races, cultures, types, et cetera (keeping in mind the options that don't contradict the Bible)?

Like I said, this isn't a post about older women. It's not even an argument for why I don't like White Anglo Saxon Protestant females 21-26. It's more about my ability to connect with people who are not like me. I don't think I have a multitude of friends, but I do think I surround myself with a group of people who have various characters, mannerisms, values, beliefs, et cetera. So, just like my friends, I am interested in girls who compliment me, not reflect me. My main point is, I enjoy people I can have an intelligent, fun, stimulating, and enjoyable conversation with. That is probably why I could see myself dating or maybe marrying someone who is considerably older than me, not my race, creed, nationality, or whatever else.

God obviously knows who I am going to marry. Whether there is a one or several possible candidates, whether she is white or not, whether she is older or younger, I need to keep my options open. But, keeping in mind, I need a godly one, not a degenerate one. Which is even more proof that I need to look to God for answers to my questions. I fail a lot; relying on God and having honorable relationships. Maybe I should become a monk?

No comments: