Sunday, May 16, 2004

Four Way Stops

The way you sit all a laze
Not minding the way the sun hits your face
I caught you flipping your hair
You want to act like you don't really care
Style to amend and catch a craze
Fashioned to remove your subtle haze
Adjusting the mirror to see traffic clearer
Annoyed if I stare, bothered if I don't
Make up your mind because makeup won't cover the lies
Beauty can only get you so far
You have to willing to try
Adjusting your look to fit the day
Desperately seeking some other way
I see cars like yours all the time
Methods of penence to make yourself kempt
Unelaborated designs blend with your mind
Excused impressions for second guesses
Somehow you keep finding new ways to feel elated
That's when I knew I shouldn't have hesitated
I waited for the right of way
You yielded and offered it to me
Before I could go, you just left
As I watched you drive off
I'm stunned that you even waited
Accidents in life are frequent
And most always subsequent
To seeing you

No comments: