Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Where Have All The Punk Rockers Gone?

I had this elaborate post in the works where I would break the barrier between punx and the norms of society. In this universally world changing blog of interest, I would address all the issues facing our modern society today through my very own sociological paradigm. Using illustrations of punx worldwide, I would deliver and alleviate all the wonders for the readers of TxWxIxMxCx about what this independent, thought seeking, and challenging conformity mindset is all about. In reality, I've never worn a leather jacket or had a mo-hawk, so to some; I might not even be considered really a punk. But, in my ideologies, perspectives, and uniqueness of thought, there isn't a doubt that they speak louder than the color of my hair.

However, due to the unfortunate circumstances at hand, I think this calls for a time of mourning amongst the writers and readers of our humble little blog. As you will eventually read one blog below me, there is a loss here at To Whom It May Concern. Our friend, founder, and fellow writer, Samuel Justin McLeod has decided to call it quits and peruse his other writing options. This is a sudden and drastic blow the heart of what was once the soul of this domain. As I sit here and ponder, wonder, and stare at my monitor, I think of all the times I laughed and thought about what Justin has said. Readers, I plead with you! If Justin McLeod has at all in the least bit inspired you, made you think, made you laugh or cry, or anything else that has removed you from your current position in life to ponder on his words, than you owe him a debt of gratitude. Well, maybe not money, flowers, or unconditional love, but just the occasional word of encouragement for him to keep on keeping on. Just think about what he’s done for you. All the long hours he has spent thinking up those clever remarks, witty posts, and wonderful poems that only the one, Justin McLeod could mastermind. You can tell by my shock and dismay here and in the comment box that I didn't want or even expect this to happen. PLEASE, comment on his post and tell him how you really feel. Let him know that you love him. I urge you! I cannot keep this up on my own. I am just one boy "trapped in the body of a man" (blink 182). Let Justin know that you want him to stick around. I know that he is my best friend and without him here, I don't know how much longer I will be able to go on...

“If you could be my punk rock princess. I could be your garage band
king. You could tell me why you just don’t fit in. And how you’re gonna be something.”

Something Corporate

No comments: