Sunday, June 23, 2002

Long Time, No Blog

In efforts to keep with my 'post-promise', I'm trying to find some thoughts to write down on this late Sunday/early Monday update:

I went to Starke, Florida with my friend Cheryl Miller for the weekend. It was fun and we had a good time. I hung out w/ her younger siblings and I played the Super Nintendo quite a bit (Mario All Stars!!! We played Super Mario 3, yeah). I hung out with her sister Rebecca's boyfriend, Jeremy. I stayed at his place on Friday night in Jacksonville and stayed up late, told male-bonding stories, and watched Office Space (hilarious movie, by the way). On Saturday we went to Gainesville. We went to the mall, Texas Roadhouse, and a bunch of stores (Old Navy being one of which). I was very much disgusted by the amount of corporate capitalism that was present there. I understand my views on fashion, fiction, and most media outlets differ from everyone else's, but there was so much crap that was being marketed in that commerce that I actually felt weird. Maybe it's because I'm the only one who feels this way (I know I'm not really, but I'm a minority). Or because I feel like no one (especially the people I care about and really want to understand me) really understands my perspective on the whole thing. Today I drove home to Melbourne, after lunch at the Miller's. Some things I would like to accomplish this week (in no certain order):

~ Blog ~
~ Have a good, honest, long quiet time ~
~ Hang out with Tara Howard ~
~ Hang out with the Melbourne Boyz: Nick, Bryan, and Thomas~
~ Take my Grandma grocery shopping (i love hanging out with her, she's a rad ol' gal)~
~ Take my Grandma to my Grandpa's grave and put some flowers out~
~ Have lunch with the Intersil crew (where I worked the past two summers)~
~ Mow my parent's yard~
~ Visit my pond that I haven't seen in like 10 years (it's the pond at the end of our 5.5 acres of land)~
~ Eat at some very Melbourne Beach areas (Pizzaro's Pizza)~
~ Watch some digital cable that my parents are paying for~
~ Do stuff that I cannot due because I live 8 hours away from my parents~

That's pretty much it. I will try to update you guys on the happening of my week long Melbourne life daily. Until then, carry on with the task...

"...When it came to do or die, you died for me..." Dogwood

No comments: