Friday, June 14, 2002

Calamity

In an effort to do something that I've never done before, I'm going to blog twice in one day (please hold applause until the end). I know what you guys are thinking "Great! Twice in one day... Now, he's not going to post again for 2 weeks..." Oh contraire! I plan on being a little more fluent with my posts here in the upcoming weeks. At least, one blog every day. *Please make gasping noises.*

I was looking at the archives on Dead Yet Living and remembered my first blogging occurrence. Many believe that TxWxIxMxCx was my first blogging experience, but that is a false assumption. 1 year ago, this summer, I started writing for Rich and the kids of DYL. It was an exciting time for creative writing. However, my stint with DYL was very short lived, even to the point of just one blog, which pretty much sucked (really, it's below). The writing is not quite the quality you guys and gals are getting. But, what else would you come to expect from your friends at To Whom It May Concern. Plus, I just wanted to have a copy of it and I don't have a printer so, posting it on here was the next brightest idea I had. Plus, I blogged twice in one day and I really didn't have to use any creative juices, except to write this witty preface. Without further a do, my first experience with Blogger and a blog (notice all of my uncorrected errors, they add flava)...

Yola!

Hi everyone, my name is Jeff Watkins. I'm another new writer here for Dead Yet Living (ironically, it sounds like I just got hired for the New York Times or something). Anyway, I'd like to thank Rich for letting me write, even though I have no idea why he would do such a thing. I'm a Junior (technically) at the Baptist College of Florida. This fall I will be starting my 3rd year there. Upon the act of graduation, I will be receiving my B.A. in Christian Counseling. With minors in Bible, Psychology, and Youth Ministry. I plan on attending a seminary after that to get Masters degree, in some degree, most likely some form of Education. I have been saved 7 years this October. I have felt this call on my life since i was 16 or so. Even though I have let my sin dwell in this earthly vessel many a times, I choose to stand up for what I believe in everyday, just by gettin out of bed.
I struggle with a lot at times and would appreciate the encouraging notes and prayers of support.
Thanx, I appreciate it. Umm.... let's see what else. I'm really into punk, emo, hardcore, ska, indie, and old jazz music. I sing in choir at college and I have some vocal talents. I know 3 chords on the guitar and I can keep a beat on the drums. I'm definitely not bragging but I consider myself a musician to the smallest degree. I like to write poetry. I like leading/teaching youth at my home church. I enjoying spending time w/ friends from high school. I enjoy sleep, but I seemingly never get enough. I try to surf, skateboard, and do stuff with my computer. I collect records (vinyl) and try to scratch on my turntable. I guess thats it. Oh yeah, i'm 21. Thanx.

...applause and laughter...

No comments: