Saturday, June 15, 2002

Sketches and Traces Don’t Add Up To A Thousand
(…a picture is worth a thousand words…)


So many words of this album were filled up before now.
I grabbed my camera tonight, hoping to catch
A few moments of happiness in time.
They are already so few and far between.
When I got there, my camera was on seventeen.
I could have snapped my first shot of you,
But I hesitated and decided to wait.
Even though your beauty has been a memory to me.


Time seemed to fly, much like the birds and fowls of the sky.
Those nervous, awkward, and wondering
feelings started to dwindle away.
Delight in time, in the mood, in the moment, and in the night,
Were all feelings that everything was right.
Three or four hours came to pass and our
Emotional roller coaster was running fast.
Then, my watch broke because time froze;
it stood still, for a split second.
I had my camera ready…
Just to catch a glimpse of that bliss
we shared in those few moments.
It’s all good and it’s all right.
Your head on my shoulder on this pitch black night.
The side of your head was against my check.
It fit so well.
Much like I felt about us in each other’s life.


It seems more and more these days that I feel insecure.
When I need refuge, I think about that day.
Your scent was filling the night sky.
That fragrance is still wearing me now
Charm, beauty, and eloquence, where did you buy it?
I walk down a hallway and it’s tranquil in the air.
That smile I see makes me want to live life without a care.
As the night drew to a close, those flashes of light drew to a dim.
Dim flashes of reality were really just flickers of hope for my life.
Still frames and images make me reminiscent.
Feelings and memories are all I have between,
And my camera still says seventeen.

No comments: