Monday, April 03, 2006

A Presupposed History... Supposedly

Wikipedia has an interesting entry for Hurricane Katrina. While it tells the countless stories of what occurred during that fateful August day and thereafter, it also includes a lot of other information on the subject. In an enclopedian footnote, there is an entry that suggests otherwise about what happened before and after the storm. Once this link has been clicked, a massive page opens that boasts the title, "Alternative theories regarding Hurricane Katrina." Once read, you will possibly understand why so many residents of the city hate when people who know nothing about the culture, residents, or history insist that certain things happened because of these other 'reasons.' But, a neat thing about the page is that it actually mentions some of the history of what really did happen those many, many years ago. It's also really funny to read why people think Katrina happened.

Read it for yourself.

Post Script: I've noticed that a lot of people like to toot their own horn with regard to calling themselves "open minded." Yet, these people seem to be the least open minded when it comes to subjects they are not familiar with, comfortable talking about, or have knowledge of.

6 comments:

Joe Kennedy said...

OK Jeff, I hate wrestling and I know nothing about it. You're just going to have to deal with it.

(Just kidding. About the dealing with it part. And maybe I don't really hate it, either. And maybe I know a tiny tiny bit. More than I know about the Beatles. And I was just saying that to lighten the mood of the post script.)

Maybe. But the verification word is: pbpepwog.

Sarah said...

Oh, didn't you hear? The hurricane was actually caused by me...and my ring of homosexual witches that I've been manipulating via mind control to take over the Middle East by encouraging the women over there to have abortions. I've realized I have pushed things too far though, and have gone into a stage of repentance for this next hurricane season. We'll see what happens...

Joe Kennedy said...

Wow Sarah, you definitely need to stop it with the homosexual witch pro-abortion thing. Seriously. No more hurricanes!

Or I'm moving to Fort Worth.

Sarah said...

No worries, Joe. It's the straight and narrow for me from here on out...I'm even applying to NOBTS for the fall (and I mean that in all seriousness).

Joe Kennedy said...

Well who knows, maybe I'll be there too.

Maybe.

Jeff Watkins said...

Sarah, I reread your comment. It was pretty darned funny. So funny, in fact, that you might have to hold your bum so that it doesn't fall off.

Joe, yes! And, I will teach you about wrestling, just like you taught me about the city.

Justin, you maybe on to something. The article actually mentions something about Pat Robertson.