Monday, April 17, 2006

I USED TO HATE PEOPLE WHO CHANGE THEIR DESKTOP PICTURES EVERYDAY, BUT NOW I HATE COMPUTERS

At midnight, as we walked
The moon was no where to be found
You and I shared a talk
And a few other things
Drinks we drunk, but now regretted
It will be a while before we can forget it
Myths fail our fabric lines
But I got to think
This isn't the only thing wrong
Go on and live day by day
Mixing the traces of being chemically restrained
I ought to have a clue
Traipsing past the stubbornness
It's always inside of what we are due
But it's always further than where we're willing to go
These are the kind of things that make me feel low

5 comments:

Rev. Scott Schultz said...

Do I detect a NJ reference here? Nice.

Hey, I was at the Stretch Arm Strong site the other day and I thought of you. The new CD sounds really good - a vast improvement over Engage. You can hear it online, but I think you might like it.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know, if you haven't already checked it out.

Jeff Watkins said...

Hey man, thanks.

When I wrote the title originally, it came out a bit different, but it reminded me of Norma Jean. So I went ahead and tried to copy it.

Yeah, I got the new SAS when it came out. It is an improvement, but I haven't listened to it all that much.

I'm glad Lent is over and I'm looking forward to reading your site.

Rev. Scott Schultz said...

Yeh, I'm glad Lent's over, too - though it might've been convenient for it to stretch past the 28th so I would focus 100% on school work.

I like to visit your site, but I don't read as often as I otherwise would because the XML feed for it is somehow screwed up. It's like you had it initially and then it went away or something. You should reset it so that more people can get RSS updates from here.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I just want you to know that although I may not comment much, I am always checking your blog and reading and absorbing and thoroughly appreciating.... thanks for sharing your thoughts and poetry and music and musings... it means a lot to me...

much love,
~mickie~

Jeff Watkins said...

Thanks Mickie!

Scott, I reset the XML feed, so it should be working now.