Monday, February 28, 2005

And Wendy Says I Never Write Creatively Anymore

This could be true. An exert from an email I sent my dear friend Linsey:

Well I've been here for a month now. And I have some news. I'm already engaged. I know what you're thinking; What!?!? Crazy isn't it? When God moves, God moves, as they say. It was sort of by accident that I met her. By the way, her name is Stacie. She's super cool. She's from North Dakota. She loves everything I hate, which is really funny. I can't help but love everything she likes. She took me shopping today. I bought some pants from the Gap! The GAP? Yes. Love is blind.

Anyway, we were walking by each other and I thought she was another girl I had met and actually intended to talk to. Well, when I said the other girl's name, she turned around and I was like, "oh, hello!" We talked all night, literally. A couple hours at this new student party thing and then on the phone. We've hung out everyday. I prayed about it all day yesterday and I just knew, so I asked her last night. Of course nothing is official, but I know. So, that's exciting.

[I went on for about two paragraphs of random things, making small talk. Then I wrote this:]

Oh yeah, by the way. Stacie is not real. Hahah. You so fell for it. Now, I'm not much of a Calvinist, but I can already, predeterminely, see the look on your face. Your mouth is agaped. Yep. Haha. Sheesh. Who do you take me for. Haha. That was good. That was my fiction writing for today.

No comments: