Thursday, February 03, 2005

Because Of All This, I No Longer Die

I am chapfallen, still, by living in a dorm that only has community bathrooms, though I am getting over myself. However, I am still quite surprised by the number of guys who will come out of the bathroom having not washed their hands. I am not a hypocrite. I understand the "pee and run" mentality. I've done that myself. But, when you partake in a "stall-worthy" event, you surely need to wash, no?

I've been out of class for an hour now and I've just been slacking and sitting here while being online. I got invited to go with some people to some Mardi Gras parades tonight, tomorrow, and on Mardi Gras, which is February 8th, this coming Tuesday. The whole city is getting crazy. Traffic is worse. Everything is getting ready to shut down. Matter of fact, Wal-Mart isn't even open next Tuesday in honor of the Catholic, yet modernly-decadent festival. I don't have class as well. So, in order to go tonight, I have to do some chapter summaries for a class. I'm doing a lot better about reading for class than at my previous attempts in undergrad. I'm keeping up with my work and not waiting until the night before to write the few small assignments I've had. I'm actually proud of myself. I know my Mom and Dad would be too. Alright, see, I'm slacking. Leave me alone.

Ciao...

No comments: