Monday, February 14, 2005

St. Valentine Martyred Me

Though the incredibly depressive title would elude to me being in a bad mood, I am delighted to inform you otherwise. As of Saturday, I am employed with Education Station, a partnership with Catapult Learning (formerly Sylvan Learning Center) as a tutor/instructor. I got the call around 8PM on Friday night, though I didn't know it until I got home at midnight that night. I called my boss and talked to her for 30 minutes at 12:45 AM. I went to training at the very early hour of 8 AM on Saturday. Today, I found out I am at Lafayette School, tutoring the 3rd graders there in reading. The pay is ridiculously high compared to what I am used to and I only work 1 hour 30 minutes each day, 4 days a week. I don't tutor tomorrow because it's a teacher instruction day or something, but on Wednesday I will get introduced to my kids and on Thursday I will start my first lesson. Pray for me.

No comments: