Thursday, April 01, 2004

Re: The Beatles

A year and some odd days ago, Chase and I embarked on a plan to change the world. Or else, compile our own favorite Beatles songs into individual, authoritative lists (a seemingly impossible feat for me). After all these days, long drives, listening to the albums more intently, studying the history, purchasing more of their records, my certain pickyness, and genuinely falling in love with the band again, I decided to redo my list. I only looked at my list from a year ago after I had finished composing my new one. I guess this was fun, but I'm really tired now. It's like I said the last time, "I think it's fine that some people don't necessarily like the Beatles. But, please realize and recognize their innovations, influences, and sheer astonishing ability to make great rock and roll." This time, I rounded out the list at 30, and I think you'll see that I'm not too much different, but somewhat, more intrigued by these four guys from Liverpool.

My 30 Favorite Beatles Tunes of all time:

30. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
29. Two of Us
28. I'm Only Sleeping
27. Help!
26. For No One
25. Let It Be
24. Come Together
23. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
22. And I Love Her
21. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
20. Sexy Sadie
19. With A Little Help From My Friends
18. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
17. Good Night
16. Nowhere Man
15. All You Need Is Love
14. Here, There And Everywhere
13. Strawberry Fields Forever
12. Revolution (Single Version)
11. She Loves You
10. Across The Universe
9. In My Life
8. You Never Give Me Your Money
7. The Fool On The Hill
6. We Can Work It Out
5. A Day In The Life
4. The Long and Winding Road
3. Eleanor Rigby
2. If I Fell
1. Yesterday

No comments: