Saturday, April 10, 2004

My My, Has It Really Been That Long?

Life is so funny. It keeps going on whether you want it to or not. I often wonder why this is so. Then, I remember, God is holding all things together. And then I think, what went on before creation? What did God do? And then... wow, my head hurts.

Funny seeing you here. I apologize for my lack of meaningful thoughts as of late. Since I work full time, I often just desire food and sleep when I come home. The strange thing is, I rarely ever go to sleep at a decent hour. I really ought to work on this. The previous poem posted reflects a lot of my current thoughts. Incidentally, I believe I wrote that in late September/early October. Refrequency is an irony.

This is my weekend off and do I ever have some plans. Actually, only one or two (I have to brag). The first will start with Chase and I going to Tallahassee to Vinyl Fever and some Goodwill's to look for new records to add to our ever increasing collection. That should be fun. If anyone wants to go and reads this before 11AM, call me or Chase. I seriously doubt I will be getting a call.

I mentioned work earlier and I've been doing it A LOT! That feels like all I do. I guess that's because that really is all I do. And it's going good, I suppose. It's stressful as ever, but I really enjoy my coworkers, so that really helps the time go by. I have decided that I will probably work until January 2005 for Laurel Oaks and then I will return to school and start my post-graduate work. That means, I will either venture on over to Louisville, KY or New Orleans, LA. There are schools there that I like. Their Master of Arts programs will be cool. Why not stay closer to home? Well, I've been answering that question since I left.

Speaking of work, there is a gal there who has earned my fancy and attention for the past few weeks. However, you may be shocked as to her disposition. She is a 34 year old, African American divorcee, who has two children. Crazy I am, but it is true. I had a friend tell me I was just desperate, but I don't think that's what it is. She is an amazing person and I really enjoy talking to her and seeing her smile. While I may be just dreaming and this is inevitably not practical, I think this says a lot about my true interests in the opposite sex. Maybe a post will come out of me soon where I indulge you, the reader, what truly matters. Oh yeah, I've done that before. I should be married by now or something.

So, anyway, this is my life now. This is what I do. I'm happy, even though my mediocre tone would allow one to believe otherwise. I am sincerely satisfied with almost every aspect of my life (except sexual and spiritual). Admitting these things doesn't make me an honest person. It does, however, make me try to focus on my stupidity and get over repeating the same dumb things that cause me to hate my own idiocy. You just gotta love progress...

No comments: