Monday, December 01, 2003

Somebody Say Something, Anything
Right now, the library is the most depressing place in the world. I'm tired of working toward a future I'm not even sure I want. Something keeps me here. I believe this is the place for me to be at this point in time. That doesn't mean I'm enjoying it. My all encompassing thought these days is the desire to pick up and skip town. The words on these pages spell out defeat, outloud and in defeaning. New frontiers call out to me. I want to go there to my home far away and stab a flag in the ground. This land may be your land, but the land far beyond the horizon is mine. I don't know where, but I'll know it when I get there. But I can't go yet. The people I can relate best to here, in this library, are all dead. If life doesn't soon get started I fear I may die. I've glanced pages ahead and well, I want to get out of the preface and into the actual text.

Waiting to live...

No comments: