Monday, December 29, 2003

Color The Coast With Your Smile

Despite not writing when I got back to Graceville, my Mom and I made it safely back to my apartment on Friday night. I worked Saturday and Sunday (tomorrow too). I think my Mom is having a good time in the hood of G'ville. I'm definitely enjoying her being her. I've gotten to eat out so much, it's been great. It sucks that I've had to work because I would like to hang out with her more. However, I do need the money. Speaking about work, it's good. I really enjoy my job. Sometimes I feel like the kids I work with just need a good spanking; or maybe an exorcism. However, I know that their problems are more deeply rooted. Sure, they make conscious behavioral decisions, but I've read some of their files and I can tell you, they didn't deserve a lot of what happened to them. So, I try to be patient and recognize that it's still a learning process. Anyway, tomorrow my Mom and I are going to my Aunt and Uncle's place for lunch. Then, when I go to work, she is going to hang out over there until I get off at 11:00 PM. I don't have to work Tuesday or Wednesday, so we're going to hang out and I'm going to cook for her too. Alright, have a good night. Something more meaningful to come soon.

"Like my mamma said, 'Don't you let it go to your head when you know you're being fed.' I'm so proud to know you. Lizzy I'll write, I'll sing, telegraph, telegram, telephone, tellin' you, I'll be home soon." Ben Kweller, Lizzy, from Sha Sha

No comments: