Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Santa Claus is Dead.
Yeah kids, I hate to break your little hearts but I shot and killed him in third grade. The fat old man broke into my house. Scared the Christmas cheer out of me. Family comes first. I must defend what's mine, even if it means six years in juvie. Little did I know he was only there to fulfill our brightest material hopes and dreams. Apparently, he was a great guy and I found out a little too late. Sorry elves, sorry I killed your god.

I can't go to the mall during the holidays because I get freaked out by ghost-like reflections of the man that I put into his post-dated crypt.

But enough of the morbid. I've been home with my la familia the past three days. Most of yesterday and the day before consisted of me and my mom shopping. Most of that time consisted of me waiting and waiting and trying to entertain myself. I didn't have much to shop for, but I needed the ride. I've been hanging out with my kid brother, playing Tony Hawk 4 and last night he and I watched The Waterboy.

Last night my dad told me I had gotten hefty and that I needed to go on a diet. And don't forget the exercise. He said he could tell in my face that I was out of shape. Someone verify for me that this isn't so. Also, I am at the most a few pounds overweight. It's mainly just that I've finally grown into my body frame. I cannot help the fact that I'm a big guy. Maybe my pops is just intimidated.

On a lighter but again morbid note, I am killing Eye Level off in 8 days. As of the first of the year it will be no more. In its place will be a new site, a new exploration, a new adventure. Prepare yourself boy scout. At the same time, understand I'm going out with a bang. Eye Level will be more alive this last week than it has been in awhile. It's going to be big, like me. Go read "Dying Words and Sentiments".

And I thought I'd tell you three songs I particularly like today:

the Ocean by Sunny Day Real Estate
We're the Ordinary by Starflyer 59
Thousand Kisses Deep(spoken word) by Leonard Cohen
Have it All by Ace Troubleshooter
Wasted by Camper Van Beethoven

Nevermind that's 5.

Plus you should know my absolute favorite radio Christmas song is:

Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney (is that title correct?)

So yay for Christmas. Good tidings to you wherever you are and wherever you'll be.

No comments: