Tuesday, December 16, 2003

At The Least, Say Something Funny

It’s late Monday night for me. It’s not later than usual, but working 8 hours a day now is about to wear me out. I guess that’s because I was a bum for so long. As I exhale a sigh of relief, I’m very thankful that I do not have to work tomorrow. Give me a few weeks; I’ll get back into the routine of responsibility. I worked 3 PM-11 PM last night. I got up and made it back there by 9:30 AM for the last part of my orientation. Around 10:15 AM, a man asked me to go watch the little boy on our unit who has Downs Syndrome because the other tech had to go take another patient to a doctor run. I watched him sleep for about an hour. When the other tech that was working first shift got back with the other children from school (they attend school here too) it was there time for group and my time to go back to training. So, training let out by 12:30 PM and I swung by my Aunt’s house for lunch. Made it back to work my shift at 3 PM and I got off around 11:30 PM. It’s getting better, but my six kids are hellions! It’s still a learning process. I’m supposed to be shadowing, but I’m down there getting spit at, cussed at, hit, kicked, and everything else they can do to be defiant! I’m still getting used to it and the kids are getting used to me. I know it’ll get better. It’s getting better all the time...

P.S. Does anyone realize Christmas is 9 days away?

No comments: