Monday, August 18, 2003

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Those are my thoughts this morning. Today is the first day of classes at my alma materand you could say I kind of wish I was there. Now, even though I didn't start every first year of school on the 18th of August, this is the first Monday of a fall semester that I haven't been going to school in eighteen years. I was at preschool from ages three to four, but I figured that wasn't official enough for everyone. It's pretty freaky, not going to school right now. It's been, for lack of better words, my life, for such a long time that something seems to be missing. "Well, I wouldn't say I was missing it" (Office Space).

Speaking of what's going on. I'm going to interview for a position I recently submitted my résumé to at 1:00 PM today. I don't want to get into all the details because it would take much too long. It seems like a good job and I've already written a little bit about it. Please pray for me because it just feels like my last option. If I hear something, you will too.

Also, I kind of made a deal with God that if he wanted me to go back to Melbourne and live, he would let me get an eviction notice here. Well, this morning, Lamar, the maintenance man for this housing project, knocked on my door and was asking where Sean, my previous roommate, was. Apparently, he is still listed as head of household. I told him we filled out all the necessary paper work and he said he would check out in and straighten it out. I’m sure he’s going to handle it, but it still puts me in a weird predicament. That’s something that could also use some prayer.

So, while the kids are off to school, I'll be out running around looking to be a responsible, career-motivated guy, who is scared about this whole growing up thing and getting kicked out of his apartment.

"Kick back, cheap thrills, you'll do anything for a laugh even if it kills ya. The bridge, you took it out, the ticket taker suddenly lost count. Sleepin' under rays, your teeth crumblin' away. Say goodbye to all responsibility, you never wanted it man." NOFX, Freedom Like A Shopping Cart, from, Heavy Petting Zoo.

No comments: