Friday, August 22, 2003

Goodwill is Grrrreeeaat

Today, I had some errands to run. Nothing overtly exciting. When I was in Chipley, I decided to stop by the Goodwill to see what wondrous, priceless, little gems I could discover for a bargain. I found some books, but I like looking up the ISBN # first to see if there worth anything on Amazon. I looked through the stack of LPs and couldn't find anything that stood out. However, when I was looking through a stack of 45's, off to the side (over by the books), I found these great singles:

The Monkees- A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You/The Girl I Knew...
The Monkees- Daydream Believer/Goin' Down
George Harrison- What Is Life?/Apple Scruffs
The Rolling Stones- Sad Day/19th Nervous Breakdown
The Beatles- The Ballad of John And Yoko/Old Brown Shoe
John Lennon- Instant Karma/Who Has Seen The Wind?

I paid like $3.18 for all of it. The girl at the counter said, "I didn't even know you could still play these things." I informed her (in my own little subtle way), "The best music ever made came out on vinyl."

No comments: