Saturday, August 30, 2003

Disconnected

Was it all lies?
Just excuses for why it wouldn’t work.
You play the part of the victim.
Please let me take the role of the criminal.
I hate to feel this way.
It seems to be happening everyday.
I’m tired and lonely.
Ready to give into this envy.
Coveting things that are not mine.
I’ll break commandments for my own sake.
Do what I feel.
I’ve failed.
Time and again...

It’s the same old story.
This one is actually new.
Writing from my point of view.
Opinions are too easily disarrayed.
I’ve grown old in my rebellious ways.
Just trying to leave.
With some heart and purpose.
Ready to be done with this.
Letting it go before.
Ready to embrace an opening door.
Kicked in the heart
Ripped off my head
I'll just lie here and pretend that you're dead.

No comments: