Saturday, August 16, 2003

Good Mourning

It is early and late, all rolled up into one. Well, the site is coming together rather nicely. Thanks to Justin & Jed for doing part of it. I've spent the rest of this quiet Friday night fixing little kinks. Hopefully all will work well. I've got a list of blogs to go through, if you think you should be linked here, tell us so in the comment box. The chatterbox is down because you kids took advantage of it. Shame on you!

I'm really lonely right now. Summer is over for G'ville, but I'm still looking for a job. School starts at our college on Monday, but of course, I graduated, so I don't have to go. So, yeah, loneliness isn't fun. But, I’m not so desperate that I’m going to marry the next gal that walks by. "Hey, who's that chick with the short hair."

While I was working on my many various activities earlier, I was listening to a burned CD my old roommate, Milks, made for Justin. It was the surprisingly delightful, Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin, Volume 1. While I'm not a big fan of them, I was tapping my foot to the beat just the same. I never really got into ‘em, but they contributed a lot to Rock and Roll. And for that, by chance, if Justin would let me keep it, I wouldn't be mad.

Not much else going on. I've been doing some writing and reading. A lot of poetry, no songs, no fantasy, sorry. I'm getting very tired, so I'm out. By the way, the archives are fixed. If you care, take advantage of that because it's annoying to mess with. I went through our year and a half’s worth tonight, trying to find links.

To Whom It May Concern: We are always moving forward, however sometimes it’s just slower than you.

"When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed. With a word she can get what she came for. Ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven. There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure. 'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings. In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven. Ooh, it makes me wonder..." Led Zeppelin, Stairway To Heaven, Led Zeppelin IV.

No comments: