Monday, August 11, 2003

Anointed and Annoyed

Sill unemployed. I feel prosaic. The Krystal in Dothan is hiring, maybe I could go work there? I'm pretty desperate. I'm not so desperate that I'm just going to go apply anywhere. I will work in food, but not at KFC (already did that for a year and a half in high school). You guys and gals remember looking for work back in the day? You picked your favorite places first and if you didn't get those jobs, you went with a second batch of choices, which were most likely, not your favorites. Well, I was doing that with a bunch of places that offer salary. Now, I'm just going to try to find any place to work 40 hours. I submitted my résumé to Life Management Center last week and called the guy today, but he never returned my call. Spectracare was having open interviews last week and I went, but because so many people showed up, they had to make those screening interviews. I should get a call later this week if I get a more "thorough" interview. I was talking with a buddy, James Bridwell the other night. I told him that I wasn't worried and I'm not, I know God will provide. My biggest fear is he will provide me with something that I wasn't expecting and then I will be quick to exit stage left. For my sake, I hope I cherish it because I certainly need whatever it is. A verse that comes to mind here is that one that says God takes care of the birds in the sky, so how much more will take care of our needs. That's the only thing I'm holding on to. And I'm just holding on tight...

No comments: