Saturday, August 09, 2003

Here Tomorrow, Gone Today

Conceitedness is an ugly life
Only impressive when practiced
You’re becoming a brilliant successor
Teaching your own brand of lies

Reluctant to share what’s on your heart
It’s inconsistent with what you’ve been saying

On your own; the life of an independent
The way you are living is a game
It’s worse than I think I could ever be
But, wrong is wrong
It’s not relative
To you, wrong or right
It’s just for your amusement

You run to stay ahead
Competing for hearts of gold
You left behind pieces
Too inclusive to see
Reluctant silver stars for me
I’m waiting for my day
When all things will be made right
I live with my own ego
I don’t expect a medal

Tired of staying awake
To liberate this day

Your life means more
Than some stupid gesture

My trust is gone
You stole it away
You had hopes for it
I gave you the entire thing

Now you just live
Only to get by
Same sides for storyboards
A lesson learned in time

Comforted by closeness
Drawn to anything
That resembles your old days
Moving on to a new location
A place called hostility
Never to look again at history

Burning books to set free
All your tainted memories
Falsehood to father your antiquity
A blank statement of apathy
For you to hate me
But occasionally say, "Good day"
Down the street, up one block
A way for you to merely go away

No comments: