Sunday, September 29, 2002

A Time To...

I haven't talked a lot about what's been going on in my life on here lately. My trip on Thursday got canceled due to whatever tropical disturbance there was this past week (Isadore I think). I got to visit a lady that I work with in the hospital on Friday morning. Her name is Christa and she has an ovarian cyst. She had outpatient surgery at 6:00 AM Friday morning and was in recovery until lunchtime or so. They drained the cyst and so hopefully that would relieve some of her pain. Please continue to remember her in your prayers.

I went to all my classes on Friday (my Mom would be proud). Worked Friday night. I went to a show at Frank's Coffee House here in town. The Chailsie Mode, Portside Drive, and our friends Wings A Shadow Cast played. They hauled the gear from Pensacola just to play for us. They had a show the next night somewhere in Georgia. I was impressed with all them especially The Charles C Mode. Just good tunes. Wings A Shadow Cast has played a tighter set, but still remarkable for their short three year stint. I came back and fell asleep to The Beatles DVD that I bought earlier that day (no it's not A Hard Day's Night).

Saturday was semi-uneventful. I washed some dishes that were plaguing my sink for a few weeks and I cleaned our sink area, which was not the prettiest thing. I took out the trash and other mild arranging. Sean Tanner, Chase Langston (hehe), and myself took our weekly journey for dinner at the Waffle House and Wal-Mart. Once again, good times.

Today, Tanner and I went to First Assembly of God in Dothan, Alabama. We got there at 10:30 AM not knowing what time it started. Later on we found it actually started at 10:00 AM. We only missed thirty minutes of the service or so. It got over about Noon. The minister said some good things. And no, nobody got slain in the Spirit or did cartwheels down the aisles. I don't know I'm not really into the charismatic movement. I'm more of a Wesleyan guy. Yay for Methodists.

I guess the update into my life's events is over now. Milks (my roommie) and I are going to watch The Beatles' movie HELP! There silly English musings make me giggle; I sound like a twelve-year-old girl. Bye Bye Bye...

"...I look forward to the next time when we can be friends..."

No comments: