Monday, September 23, 2002

Such A Poem As This

Much like my faithful friend Justin McLeod, I too have reasoned my current thoughts and feelings into an old poem I wrote back in 1996 or 1997. Ironically then, it was about a girl named Leslie and a totally different circumstance than my current life position. Who knew it would speak so true to what I'm facing as the night's sky grows older and the morning dew culminates fresher. Selah...

Silent Dreams Turn Into Realities

“Just between you and me, I got something to say.” I speak so I may say this little memory that I have so highly placed in my heart. It is the love that I so boldly place in myself that it might be discovered by somebody. Not by you because you have already found it. You’ve tried and sought to prove that you were the one to remember. For that I took it for granted and I juggled with your spirit, just like a juggler does at the circus. When you let my heart go, it fell through the bottomless pits of time and I felt pain and anguish. Together we blame and make excuses and dishonor the glow that both of our hearts produce together. Then, in some kind of dreamscape, I wrestled with my soul to the point of no return. When I came back from being nocturnal, I tried to put the pieces of our puzzle back together, yet not all of the pieces could be found. As it stands now, it looks like the puzzle will never be the same. I can only hope we fill those empty pieces in with some new memories. In realistic terms, what I’m trying to say is please forgive me for all the pain and anguish I caused in your life. You know that old song “No matter how you roll the dice, it’s meant to be. The only one for me is you and you for me, so happy together, forever.” See that might not be totally true because things happen and changes occur. I can only tell you that you were my first love and you alone will hold a special place in my heart. A place that no one else will ever be able to fill. I hope I hold a special place in your heart as well. Now, I give you a piece of my heart and hope you’ll never let it go. Always remember the times we shared. Let us go now, into our own place in this world. The time is here and now I must say farewell with love.

No comments: