Sunday, September 08, 2002

Taking Some Time Off

It's not the matter that I've been too busy to even check my mail. I've been to busy to even make several phone calls. It’s ok because Justin posted 2 things in 2 days. I wanted to leave his posts up there for the world to see and to give acclaim to the story I’ve been telling all the ladies. Yes, he is still alive.

I've had a lot to do this week. On Monday, Toby, Johnny, and myself have an 80-source bibliography due for Psychology 301, Psychology of Religion. We all met up in the Library at 11:00 AM to work on it. I brought Milks' laptop and we went to it. Johnny started out typing while Toby and I were looking for more books, periodicals, and whatever else we could use. Johnny left about 1 PM and Toby started typing. I was running back and forth from the library, the computer lab, and my crib trying to find stuff. We stayed there until the library closed at 4:00 PM and almost got done. Toby was convinced he had three more things at his house and we would be through. After that, I went back home and got a shower and dressed.

Justin, Chaz, Bo, Kristen, and I drove to Tallahassee for a show. Our homies, Consumed were playing again. It was a big youth thing. There were a lot of people present. A lot of scantly clad young ladies I might add. For the record, I really don't like crowd surfing anymore. I mean it is cool when a few people do it. But, whenever EVERYBODY has got to do it, it gets frustrating. Plus, I'm a firm believer in if anything is taking your attention off of the band playing, then you aren't respecting them or showing them you care why they're there. I don't care what it is. You should respect the band and at least "pretend" to pay attention. The band feeds off of the energy that the crowd produces. Some people are naturally energetic and able to be self-motivated, but I think for the most part, the band needs your smiling faces to act like you want you and them to be there. Just a thought...

Consumed blew the roof off. They played so much better tonight, than Thursday. They actually had more mistakes and mess-ups tonight. The thing was, they were playing to a crowd of kids who wanted to hear them. Versus the mundane crowd of Graceviller's who just sat there and didn't move or dance at all (well, I did). This other band, Forever Changed played as well. There were actually 4 bands, but I didn't hear the other two. I didn't really want to like these kids at first. They were sort of dressed up for it. The whole idea of wearing weird shirts and belt buckle but still looking nice. A bunch of girls ran up to the front of the stage and just watched them warm up. Despite my pre-conceived notions, they were pretty good. It was really just good technical drumming and bass playing. As well as good rhythm and lead guitars. It was punk meeting metal breakdowns and beats with a singer in the vain of Jimmy Eat World. Still, pretty good show and it was free. Which makes it really good.

So, I'll end this with a poem I wrote as the summer was coming to a close. I guess if you think about it hard enough, you can make it say what you want. It's just about friendships that go sour:

2nd Caution Light

Amidst my cold and dreary heart, I find peace.
Never fearing the unknown anymore, I find stillness in my refuge.
I should keep all the things I’ve written you, but alas, I let it sit in the trash.
How about the notes I wrote you?
Or am I asking too late because they’ve already been thrown away.
I guess I should try to make it work or even try more to talk.
Hopefully this will spark some enthusiasm in your heart.
Fridays are my favorite day of the week.
But, if I happen to run into you, it’s nearly close to being ruined.
I hate to say that.
I hate to feel this way.
In case you didn’t know, it’s you making my heart sway.
I need your friendship.
I need to know if you feel the same.
Otherwise, just tell me to forget your name.

No comments: