Monday, September 02, 2002

Little Yellow Post-It Note

Every day I wake up.
Not knowing what to expect.
I wander through the first few seconds.
Seemingly it feels new.
Much like the day started before.
Some people live life from day to day.
Considering it monotony to be alive.
I feel their pain sometimes.
But, I have hope and I know there’s more to come.
As I roll out of my bed, I ponder the dreams that I’ve just dreamt.
Envisioning those times in my sleep
brings me some of the best and scariest moments.
I was in a dream theater, thinking about you.
It could be because you were the last person I talked to.
Or because you were the last thought I had before I drifted off to sleep.
Today might not finish.
Yesterday could be the last time I get to talk to you.
At least I told you when we were hanging up that I would see you later,
in my dreams.

No comments: