Friday, September 20, 2002

This Old Wound

Not much during the week has inspired me to write. Well, not much that I can convey to an understandable manner anyway. This week has been better than the last. However, I'm expecting next week to improve. Expecting = Hoping. School is going fairly well. My twenty hours is kicking my hind, but it's teaching me to prioritize, make up a schedule and stick to it. I've taken a lot of drives these past two weeks. Some of the drives I wish I could take back. Wednesday night let me experience the endeavor of hanging out with two married guys, Jason Mentor and Brian Mets. It actually was a rad time, but those guys are super-nice anyway. We drove the 170 mile round trip to Tallahassee, Florida to see Embodyment play a show. Also playing were Tallahassee locals Avery and The Polar Bears. It was a pretty good show. Not a big turnout and that's disappointing. Also, I actually think more people watched the local bands than Embodyment. I think that's crazy, but whatever, it's their loss. Embodyment worked the crowed (all 30 of us). The set started off kind of slow, but the entire band put some major energy in the room. We fed off of it and gave it back. I was standing right in from of Andrew (Guitar) and just to the left of Sean (Singer). And you can bet I was screaming and singing along with every song as much as possible. They played three or four new songs off their new record that will be coming out October 22 called Songs For The Living. Speaking of new records, the new Stavesacre record comes out later this month, so you guys should definitely pick that up. Sure to be one of the best albums this year! I'm not too sure of the set list but Embodyment played the following possible songs and probably not in this exact order:

1. Yours Truly
2. A Season's End
3. White Flag*
4. One Less Addiction
5. Segue Station*
6. Winter Kiss
7. Reaching Out*
8. Killing The Me In Me
9. Set The Stage
10. Pendulum

* Indicates new song

Well, that's about it. I got to get to work in a half hour or so. I won't have to work too long tonight, we just have to get thirty more surveys in Marianna and then we are going home. Don't know my plans for the evening as of yet, but sleep (longtime) will be one of them. Possibly hanging out at Frank's Coffee House here in town. Who knows, maybe even a trip over there to our weekly late night hangout The Waffle House. Until then...

"...This is a beautiful mistake and you are quite possibly, indescribable…”

No comments: