Sunday, July 28, 2002

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Another day has passed us by. I've been contemplating doing something, but mostly just letting boredom roam. I'm in the process of trying to convince Justin that we need to make a run to Dothan, although I'm not getting anywhere. So the contingency of unoriginality is among us. You see that demonstrated in the number of songs we've blogged in the past week. Ahh... I don't care what anyone says. Posting a song is a good way to convey your feelings without using your words or specific examples. Everything has already been done and I'd venture to say that everything has already been said. I'm also pretty sure that too many other people have said what I want to say a lot better, so why not give them the credit? Also, we're under the reign of anonymous commenters. Every sight has their own masked marauder, but now we've seemed to attract a new breed of the children who only use the Internet when their parents aren't home. Please, we love comments, even when you tell us that our writing sux. But, at least be a big enough person and tell us who you are. I mean, anyone can comment anonymously, but it takes a mature adult who has character to share an opinion and still obtain respect. Megan Reece is the epitome of this!!! (There you go MEgan, you've been blogged about).

I'm thinking about Sunday and how it is the pinnacle of the end of the week. Or it’s the beginning of the week, however you wanna look at it. I guess some would consider the end of the week to be Saturday because that is the traditional Sabbath day. Whatever, Sunday is the end of my week because on Monday I have to go back to work. I'm sitting here and reflecting on how they end something old and begin something new. A new week started is the same as an old week ended. They are the same in structure. They are the same in the essence. Each week just has it's own perspectives, memories, moments, and aura. This week has been so very not active in what I've done. But, in what I've learned, it has been very thought provoking. We all have new and different understandings of life sometimes, some just come more often and are only learned when you realize it yourself. Thus being, what I've learned. And the only way I learned the idea or principle was by thinking about those simple things. Pondering is really a good thing. Play nice kids...

"I can't believe the news today. Oh, I can't close my eyes and make it go away. How long, how long must we sing this song? How long, how long… Cause tonight, we can be as one tonight…” U2, Sunday Bloody Sunday

No comments: