Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Moments + Conversation = My Own Silence

These moments that are waiting for life to fade.
Waiting for life's moments to wait for me.
Life to stand still.
Still like the sand without a breeze.
I wonder where those days were and
I wonder when those days drew to a close.
How should I know it was over?
I don't understand why I feel like this.
These moments are all lost in a glimpse.
Sometimes I feel like the sand that falls through my fingers.
I wish I could grasp it and hold it in my hand;
alas, it all falls inevitable through my fingers.
It's like trying to grab the wind,
but unknown to you it still is a failure.
Why can't it be me?
Why can't it be now?
So many times I try,
but it's still the same episode.
I'm here walking on the sand and there's no hope,
not even for a mirage.
I ponder and stare.
I wait in angst.
I hope for nothing.
Find peace in anything.

"...maybe it was just me..."

No comments: