Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Moving Day (Evicted by August 1)

This morning I was awoken to the sweet and endless sounds of the fumbling maintenance men trying to get into my room with a key that really didn't seem to be working for them. At first, I popped my head up and ran to the door thinking it was a friend trying to break in my room just to be 'funny'. They FINALLY got the door open and proceeded to walk in and were surprised to see me standing there in my droors. One guy was like, "Woe... uh, didn't know anyone was in here." He asked me something and I'm not really sure what it was but I assuredly told him I was in the middle of moving. Now that I think about it, that's probably not even what he asked about. Well, that's what they get for trying to wake me up at 9:00 A.M.

I have to move my stuff over to the other guys’ dorm on campus, Lakeside (my home)! I contemplated moving off campus with a friend but when it all came down to it, honoring my folks' wishes by staying on campus seemed like the best option. I have to be out of Smith Hall by August 1. By the date on my calendar it says today is the 30th. I have 2 days to be out. I really don't have any clean clothes so it won't be a hassle to move my hangers. I took all my posters down and cleaned out my fridge and put it outside to defrost. I moved a few little things over yesterday, but Jed still has some stuff in there so it's hard to get around. Plus, most of my stuff is in the way (not Jed's) so I need to get to work on it. I've moved a lot in the past 3 years. If you count packing all your stuff into a car and driving it to another location (no matter the distance) I've moved 7 times. That's a lot, but I'm sure it's just as much for every other college student. Well, I best be getting back to the moving. If you have any empty boxes, you can send them my way...

Jeff Watkins and 2 Pac: "Two of America's Most Wanted"

No comments: