Saturday, July 06, 2002

Freaky Frolicking Flowing Friday Night Fun (Darn! almost all F's)

Avoiding all of the usual Friday spots (i.e. movies, bars, bowling alleys, etc), I decided to stay home (Justin's place: my 2nd home) and watch movies with Jed. Actually, I did most of the movie watching. He was moving in some of his stuff and catching a few minutes of each movie while taking breaks between all that heavy lifting and shifting. In the past few days, I have watched and rewatched the following movies:

Lethal Weapon 4
Godmoney
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Independence Day
From Hell
Best In Show
Career Opportunities
Running Scared
GoodFellas
Orange County

This is all very interesting, I'm sure. I must say the biggest disappointment for me was Orange County. Even though the plot was clever, it just felt like every other 'semi-ideal-teen' movie. Of course the stellar performance by Jack Black made up for the unbearable moments. Lethal Weapon 4, Godmoney (More on this to come), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Independence Day, and From Hell all have things I like about them and enjoy. Running Scared was a movie that was recommended to me. It stars Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. It was filmed sometime in the early 80's. Perhaps the original plot scheme of staring a white man and a black man together is behind the success of what made the Lethal Weapon twosome layout. It had some good laughs, but it's still an 80's movie. Career Opportunities was a John Hughes, not-such-a-success comedy. It had probably one of the most original plots yet; it reeked of 80's persuasion. Getting locked in a Target with a beautiful runaway girl could only last so long. Best In Show has vastly become one of my all time favorites. My stomach hurts because I laugh so hard whenever I watch it. "Don't water the plants, they're plastic." You will either love it or hate it. Lastly, GoodFellas the Martin Scoresese classic and one of the few favorites for this avid blogger. Roger Ebert called it "The best mob movie ever." I'd say if it weren’t the best, it would be second best. This is one of my top 5 favorite films of all time. And the more I think about it, Robert De Niro is one of my favorite actors. If you haven't watched it, you should. There’s just so much action, passion, and drama. Disclaimer: violence and many expletives. Well, that's about it for my movie reviewing, more to come on Godmoney.

"...Tis it for the evening? Rejoice for the morning greets thee when thou least expects thine night to depart..."

No comments: