theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

00:10:20
Dial In Sounds
Some Words
Shewww... now that I'm past that
1,000 Posts and Counting: To Whom It May Concern
Alright, alright...
So...
Ode To Four Days
Why?
Precautions


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm a cowboy; on a steel horse I ride

Okay, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a touchy subject, but has anyone ever made the "if we're not married by [insert age], we should get married" pact? I have, a lot. I started in college (it's probably the first time I heard of such a thing). I think the first girl I said it to, we agreed on the age of seventy or something. Well, since that first time, I have uttered those words quite a bit and lowered the age a lot. So much so, I think I'm about at the "if we're not married by 30" stage. Which is scary. I really want to get married. But, my choices and my pursuit of the ideal, have warranted discussion within my own head that it may not ever happen. This is wacky, I know. Has anyone ever done it. I'm sure there are some ladies who read this site that can attest that she and I have made the promise. If so, don't hate me please? I'm just trying to figure it out.

posted by Jeff Watkins at 10:25 PM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

i think i made a pact with one of my guy friends from busch gardens like 8 years ago that if i wasn't married by 50 and he wasn't either, i'd marry him...BUT i wasn't really all that serious, and i'm pretty sure he wouldn't remember it, anyway. it was really just a joke. and, do people really ever take those seriously, anyway?? don't know about that one!


and, i am pretty sure you haven't made a pact like that with me... so, you don't have to worry about breaking any promise with me!

later, jeff! (i mean, jack! ;-))
-michelle (half of m&m)

1:04 PM  
Anonymous ~*Mickie*~ said...

funny you should ask... i got the idea from Will & Grace a long time ago, and ended up making that pact with Alex... if by the time I'm 35, we're both still unmarried, he will do me the honor... but i am sure he will find someone... he has a fabulous girlfriend now... so maybe i need to find a new pact-mate... just in case...

3:51 PM  
Blogger joe kennedy said...

I've got four of them. And I'm SO glad they're finally getting married and there was no agreement in writing. Oy. But at one time I had worked myself down, from age 40 to 30. At 25, I'm praying that last one will get married... so I'm safe. 3 down, 1 to go.

5:24 PM  
Blogger blaize said...

Samwise Gamgee got married in the 4nd Age of Middle Earth...So I was thinking you could get married in the space age...That supposedly started in 1957. So there ya go. You have plenty of time.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I've always thought of those pacts as a big ol' joke. I hope I get married, but it's been slowly coming to my attention that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't. Who knows?

BTW, it's me, Samantha, formerly of ThirdKid and now of MidChildSublet; yeah, I wandered in the other day, but I was sure you wouldn't remember me. It's quite nice that you did. :) I'll be checking in more often now.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home