Tuesday, February 14, 2006

1,000 Posts and Counting: To Whom It May Concern

It's taken me a week to write this. Not literally a week, but a good amount of time, thought and energy have been put into these words. If you have a few seconds to spare, take some time to read this.

To Whom It May Concern published its first blog on January 04, 2002. The brainchild of one Justin McLeod, To Whom started as a place for Justin to simply have an avenue to speak his mind. Justin's first post was a simple journal entry. (Who would have guessed that this humble little abode would become a place of serious and critical thought?) But what came from simple beginnings turned into a blog where a group of friends who shared not only their lives, but also their heart, soul, and conviction with anyone who would read it. Those fellows and one female are as follows:

Justin McLeod
Chase Livingston
Jeff Watkins
Justin Snavely
Charles "Chaz" Hill
Jed Marczewski
Mike Sutton
Donna Livingston

I cannot really speak for everyone. I can, however, speak for myself. And I have, a lot. Mostly, I think the result has been good. Out of all the posts that have been written for this site, I have contributed to approximately 663 of them. I don't say that to boast. I only mention the number to help give evidence to the claim that I truly care for this site and its readers. Not to mention, the people who have written for it. My life has been exposed to the real, yet some what hidden world of the blogosphere. I have pretty much been an open book, sharing most of the events that occur in my life. I have tried, if anything, to be honest.

As this site begins its fifth year of existence, I want to say thanks. Thanks to the writers. Thanks to everyone who has read it. Thanks to everyone who commented. Thanks to everyone who linked us. Thanks to everyone who has had some sort of interaction with this site. Thanks especially to God for allowing me to be a part of something so small, but so important to a few. I count myself lucky. Here's to another thousand posts and five more years.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Cheers! (I toasted you with my bottle of cough syrup...alcohol-free, promise)

Joe Kennedy said...

i mentioned you as a fifth "goodblogga" in my goodbloggas post. you, sampler, osei, and a few you don't know.

good stuff bro. keep it going.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1000 posts!!!

Jessica