Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Alright, alright...

If you read the previous post's comments, you will see that God threw his two-cents into the conversation that was happening between some other people and myself. But that is not actually true. God didn't comment. It was me. I admit it. I lied. Don't think this means I will apologize though. No no. I don't mind pretending to be God. It just proves how much more awesome and powerful he is and verifies that I would be a horrible deity. Seriously, instead of controlling and holding together the cosmos, I would basically just write ridiculous comments on peoples websites. Not a big difference from then and now is there?

Something constructive I did do today was apply for a part time job with ARC of Brevard County. ARC, or Association of Retarded Citizens, is an organization that assists mentally handicapped people with finding jobs, placing them with in home companions, and a wide range of other activities. I applied to be a contract Care Provider, which is basically just hanging out, babysitting, or assisting this population with basic living and daily routine tasks. It is part time and the scheduling will work well with my full time job. (Technically, I don't usually work 40 hours at the school, but it is 32+ hours a week and that constitutes full time employment, so I'm going to keep calling it that.) I just figured I need more money to afford a better car and save money for wherever I'm going to finish my Masters.

Whenever I get around to posting again, it will be To Whom's 1,000th post. That's quite a landmark for me and this site. I definitely did not do all of them. Look for a special post about that.

Until then, farewell.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, ARC, that is so cool! You know, I always felt like an outcast in college for doing Best Buddies with junior high kids, but I really enjoyed it. I was more used to it than some people I guess, because my uncle robert is mentally retarded. He and I were such buddies when I was little... he loved to help me play with my Speak & Spell. :) Ok, I will quit my rambling now... looking forward to that special 1000th post!

*big hugs*
~mickie~

Joe Kennedy said...

Your first paragraph's moral lesson was stolen from Bruce Almighty.

I can't wait for someone to call me and ask me about you. I'll enjoy it SO much. Really, I will. And I won't say a single bad thing about you. Seriously. Not one thing about you and me and the wall in between us.

Joe Kennedy said...

The security word I just used was "erkwrd" and I think that's ironic, with regard to my previous statement. I just wanted to say that. The security word for this post is: yogaccj.

Anonymous said...

Jeffery I'm disappointed in you. It's not right to pretend to be God. Before you know it you'll be emailing blogs to Greg Ford and getting people in trouble. hahaha
Just kidding. Seriously, I think I know who did it by the way.
I'll ask Mrs. Sue next time. Last class we did personality profiles. I'm an "S" apparently, with a lot of I too.

Jeff Watkins said...

Joe, the morality moment that happened in my first paragraph was all orginal and sincere.

Joe Kennedy said...

Jeff, I know. I raised my voice at Blaize online last night. I feel so... dirty.

Jeff Watkins said...

What did he do now? Still trying to reform your theology?

Joe Kennedy said...

somewhere around the twentieth time he repeated himself... i wanted to get through to him that i got it.

we were disagreeing over whether members of SBC churches have the right to use the IMB as a sending agency.

he says the IMB can have more stringent rules with regards to theology than the Baptist Faith and Message. i say the BFM is the standard by which churches are in the SBC, professors can teach at seminaries, and people can work for SBC agencies (NAMB, IMB). i say that the rules to work in the SBC should be enough for the missionaries who are sent out.

and he says if we don't like what the IMB says, we can use another agency, even though the IMB is supposed to be the missions agency of the SBC.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your public confession. I'm sure God (the real one) does as well.

I did something constructive today too...I got a job for the summer. You're looking at (well, not really...picture me in your head) FBCNO's official Day Camp Director...let the insanity ensue!

Oh, and Joe, I'm loving your sarcasm. I'm pretty sure in real life we could be friends (or perhaps mortal enemies...hmm.)

Joe Kennedy said...

well sarah, i think so too. i spent an entire summer (if you are who i think you are, jeff can let me know if i'm wrong) hearing about your every move (not from jeff, but from my stalker-like roommate whom i love- but i think he and i would agree that we should never live together again). long sentence. if you're the one who went to loyola, the one whom my former roommate eric knew, then by all means i think we would get along pretty well.

i re-read your comments. yes. you are, indeed, the one my ex-roommate talked about incessantly. not in the truly stalkerish way. i promise. but he did talk about you a lot. in fact, for a while when jeff would mention you, i would say, "eric's sarah?" and jeff would reply, "she's more my friend than his." it was a game we'd play.

is that too much information? have i embarrassed all three of you yet?

good. =)

Jeff Watkins said...

Sarah, quit making friends with my friends. I don't do friend sharing :) Also, those daycamp kids are going to be real sad that there's no NOLA KIDZ (is there?) and no LGB there.

Joe, that's an interesting debate and I would like to be their while you both share your thoughts. I've got my thoughts and I will get online to debate you and him and both of your moms (bam!!!).

Anonymous said...

Joe, I had no idea you were Eric's roommate...how much do you love all things cow print now? That guy cracks me up. I saw him last week (he comes in town for a class).

And it's true, I have this horrible habit of collecting stalkers (case in point, Jeffery here...the boy's hopeless).

I don't know about NK, Jeff. I asked Matt once (now my friend on myspace), and he did an over-the-internet shrug. Geez. No NK. No LGB. No CFJ. It's going to be a rough summer.

And I'll make friends with whomever I please, thank you very much.

Joe Kennedy said...

Jeff, check out Amena Brown. Everybody check her out. She's phenomenal. I blogged about her if you want to know more before you listen, but the myspace has full-length versions. Listen to both- I love her poetry.

Anonymous said...

Jeffery- Good for you! The 3 years that I worked for ARC were some of the most rewarding of my life. You will definitely meet some awesome people if you get to work there. You'll have to keep me posted on how it goes!