Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Exception

There's not a lot I can say right now. I was glad that I didn't have classes on campus this week (now not until next Tuesday, if even then). But man, I'm seeing pictures from New Orleans and I would give back my week of freedom just to have dry land there. 80% of the city is underwater. God providentially and sovereignly watched out for me and my school, but I can't help but feel like a victim for everyone else. I am lucky, but they aren't. That's a gut-nulling feeling. I want to cry because so many people have lost everything. And it's not just material goods; it's life, liberty, hope, love, friends, etc. I wanted to post some pictures I found, but that's not really important. (You've probably seen the same ones.) Also, I have some friends who had to stay in the city and I can't get in touch with them. It's all so overwhelming and all I can do is pray. I encourage everyone to look at the TV and pray. Don't ignore this--it's not surreal--it's real life. It felt like fantasy to me early today, too. Except, that I actually live there and it happened to me. I am blessed and I am so thankful for that. But I am the exception.

No comments: