Sunday, August 28, 2005

Bringing You Into the Loop

Bringing You into the Loop

You are so out of it.

A breakdown:
1. I worked at Opryland and hated it.
2. I called out twice and on the third day called the hotline to quit.
3. The next day I called Gini at Books-A-Million and we decided that I would start the next Tuesday.
4. That night I recieved a message from Mike at the Great Escape asking me to call and schedule an interview.
5. I called the next morning and scheduled an interview for earlier the same day that I would start at Books-A-Million.
6. On Saturday Donna interviewed at JC Penny's and snagged a position in women's retail. I'm proud of her.
7. This afternoon I called the Great Escape and was informed that I got the job.

Pause for excitement

8. For a multitude of reasons I will not be able to work out a notice. Now I just have to figure out how to tell the bookstore.

Reasons this is cooler:
1. I don't have to wear an apron.
2. I don't have to wear a name tag.
3. I don't have to wear a collared shirt.
4. In addition to khakis I also have the option of jeans or shorts.

Yes, there are advantages besides clothing-related ones.

5. It's always been a dream of mine to work in a record store and this is "the mid-south's leading record store and comic shop".
6. The management is admittedly and obviously lax.
7. With traffic it only takes 16 minutes to get there. Compare that to at least 45 minutes to B-A-M.
8. This will be a cute little addition to my resume.
9. If I never get hassled about not selling enough discount cards it will be too soon.
10. Because the store is cleaned in the mornings I'll never have to stay late for that.
11. Employee discount!!!
12. The "office chatter" won't be nearly as uninteresting.
13. This is a mom-n-pop operation, they have five stores but no endless chain of higher ups.
14. This is the first job I've ever interviewed for that not only did I believe I could do but that I truly believe the job was made for me.
15. I hate muzak, I prefer actual music.

No comments: