Thursday, June 24, 2004

Picturing Jeff in a Kiddie Pool

Most things I could say right now aren't worth to me the number of words they'd cost. See what I mean? Maybe I lack eloquence. Maybe you lack an attention span. Maybe we all need therapy. Since the advent of my new blog I now must ask anew the 65 dollar question: Which site do I write what for? Every now and then I think about quitting this gig. Sometimes I consider dropping everything else to devote my full attention to this webspace. Every now and then, much more often than I factually consider it, I joke with Jeff that I'm quitting To Whom. He gasps for breathe and begs me to say it ain't so. "Are you serious?" "No." "I knew that."

At this very moment I got my head in this laptop typing tirelessly away listening ever so intently to the new Wilco album- A Ghost is Born. I don't have the money to buy it yet and I had decided that was okay, but then after reading about it in six different magazines yesterday I felt slightly despondent. I found a way...that's right...through their site and Window's Media I can listen to it for free. Listen to not download. I'm on about track seven "Wishful Thinking" now. These pc speakers don't get loud enough. This listening experience will be far greater in the car. It's kind of the same thing as when you get a new album and have to ride home with a car full of people who won't stop talking. They have a right, you know, and its all fine but you force yourself to proceed with your listening experience. There really is no stopping yourself is there? This album is no disappointment, I just can't wait for the full effect. For me, that would also include holding the cd case and liner notes.

I'd like to catch you all up on the past five weeks of my existence. But, alas, that would require too many words. Perhaps I can hit the high points. School's out. Looked for jobs. Took one at unnamed teleservices company. Quit cause I refuse to scam people. Got pretty involved in church. Looked for jobs again. Listed everything I could gather on amazon. Sold my camcorder to Pawn City and a copy of Rubber Soul to Slippery Pete. Got increasingly depressed. At prayer meeting one night I began to understand my calling more clearly than ever before. Had a family reunion. On the way back made contact with phone book delivery guy. Took job there. Spent the next week and two days completing that route. Saw Jed and met Evelyn. Went to Tallahassee with Donna to meet up with her friend Jessica and some of her friends. Started going to Sunday school. For Father's Day we all played a game of putt-putt golf then ate at a BBQ place in town. Depression started to let up some. Realized I hadn't gone swimming in almost two years. Really began desiring to be immersed completely in water. Our manager at the phone book office gave Donna another job. Yesterday while she did that I spent the day at Books-A-Million. As soon as I finish this we are heading back into town to look for jobs again. Then at five we are going to Dothan's most exciting beach: Water World. Oh yeah and I have to find my swim trunks. So that's a lot I guess.

I'll be going now.

No comments: