Sunday, June 06, 2004

I Dig The Night Life

My weekend has been quite nice. Anytime not working is, as always, a great experience.

Saturday, I woke up late and ate lunch/dinner with Jeremy and Dallis Gibson. It was very cool to talk to some old friends. Jeremy had to work, so Dallis and I hung out, talked about life, listened to music, and just enjoyed doing nothing. The best fun I could have with a married gal (I don't know what that means, but I'm too lazy to delete it).

Today, I got up late again. I went to the flea market and browsed the cool commerce of a local dirt mall. I had plans with my friend Teresa, but that wasn't until later. I swung my the Movie Gallery Outlet store and oh were my premonitions ever fulfilled. I was in there looking for about 10 minutes, just basically talking to the guy working. He asked me if I had anywhere to be really soon. I was like, "Uhh... no." He told me he needed to pick up his girl, so she wouldn't have to walk in the rain. He asked me if I could wait in my car for ten minutes or so. I said sure. He was ecstatic and told me he would give me a free CD. I didn't mind. He came back, thanked me again. I picked out my CDs. Knowing one of them was in the $5.99 rack, all the others were like 50% off $17.99-$18.99. The guy ended up giving me one free, and letting me have the other 3 for $5.99 as well. I got four records for $19.41. The albums I got were:

Sex Pistols- Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols
The Beatles- Please, Please Me
The Beatles- A Hard Day's Night
The Beatles- Magical Mystery Tour

Needless to say, I was definitely happy with losing twenty bucks. I will never find those new for that cheap again. I headed over to Teresa's work and we got some food and went back to her place. We talked about theology, music, current events, dissatisfaction with America, and all the while, we were being amused by her four dogs.

An enjoyable couple days off from work. I'm actually thinking and praying about switching occupations. More to come on that later. Well, what a better way to end a post about happiness with a poem about depression, or something:

I'll Never Make That Left Turn Again

Crowded streets, even for tonight
People waiting to find their way home by a light

A recognizable encounter I always endure
Worrying about things that I cannot control

There is so much to be afraid of
And so little to believe in

Even more, there is only a modest amount I comprehend
But, I know things like my own sin

Is there someone I can befriend?
Or are things like helping someone out lost from within?

On this road that seems endless
Captivated by something as stupid as bliss

I prepare for what lies beyond tonight
A time when this will seem like something better

Waiting at red lights, troubled thoughts about getting hit
All by my lonesome, here I still sit

No comments: