Thursday, June 10, 2004

Here. There. and Everywhere.
I've been working on this piece called, "The Thing I Like About Escalators" but to finish it would require more time than I can afford this evening. Besides I just wanted to say hi.

Before school let out and in the midst of procrastination I created a new weblog. I was at the time bogged down with school work and possibly not graduating as scheduled. In light of this Donna insisted that I not make this new thing public until the semester ended. Also, we both thought it would be helpful if I got back to writing first without an audience just so that what was written would be more organic.

I put this off necessarily for the purposes of finishing school: once and for all. Then I forgot/neglected the idea and continued not to write very much. That is...until the other day. I've been thinking to get a new email account and I finally took the time and signed up for Gmail.

I thought of the perfect email address: writemehere[at]gmail[dot]com

It was to complement the name of the new blog: I write here.

Simple. Pure. Not weighed down with pretentiousness. I am the subject. Writing is what I do. This is the place. I likened this to what music critics call a "back to basics record."

I've only written a few things there. But this, of course, is just the beginning. The beginning of something basic. I'm going away for the weekend. So I just wanted to tell you about my new internet playground. And invite you to leave me a message in my inbox. Show your support.

I took a lot of words to say a whole lot of nothing, but there you go, its what I got. Thank you.

No comments: